How to useThe registry is for library employees to post documents and files that they would like to share online with a library branded URL.
For example, post:
- Images, diagrams
- Reports, policies, meeting minutes
- Brochures, flyers
- Insert into a LibGuide
- Share on Social Media
- Send out through E-mail
BenefitsYou can use the registry to host important documents on the web with a library branded URL that can be easily shared with others and posted online or used with social media.
- Add a description for items to help give the document context and improve keyword searching.
- Easily see when documents were last updated.
- Independently manage your own document uploads.
- Receive a permanent link to the record that contains the meta data about the document.
- Receive a permanent link directly to the file you have uploaded for easy sharing.
- Make documents private so that only other library employees can view them.
- Categorize documents by department or use free tagging to organically add keywords.
- Search for documents by title, description, or author.
- Login to the Document Registry located at https://lib.ou.edu (only for Library employees,including student workers and graduate assistants).
- Click on the link "Add Document".
- Fill out the form with the important details and attach the file using the file upload field.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the individual record for the document you uploaded. Review that the information is correct.
- To edit an existing document, search for the document's record and click the "Edit" tab at the top of the record.